If you eat this, you will die a painful death.
If you eat this, you will die a painful death.

Nevada City, CA After much debate on a local Facebook Group, a Nevada City man has decided not to pick and eat a mushroom he found on a local trail.

Eating wild mushrooms is generally not recommended. Picking and eating the wrong mushroom can lead to symptoms which can vary from slight gastrointestinal discomfort to death. The toxins present are secondary metabolites produced in specific biochemical pathways in the fungal cells. Mushroom poisoning is usually the result of ingestion of wild mushrooms after misidentification of a toxic mushroom as an edible species. Also, eating wild foods you can’t identify makes you a dumbass.

- Advertisement -